Corporate Group Sales ManagerDelta Hotels by Marriott St. John’s Conference Centre
Westmont Hospitality Group and the Delta Hotels by Marriott St. John’s Conference Centre are currently seeking a Corporate Group Sales Manager who will achieve success in increasing business levels by maintaining existing accounts, developing new accounts and in general implementing sales and marketing strategies via a guest oriented approach which facilitate achievement of budget objectives for total sales, profitability and return on investment, through building strong business relationships and using effective negotiations and sales practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous, current and potential clients. Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements.
- Manage accounts ensuring pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Promote services through conventions, trade shows, public relations, etc.
- Grow customer base within set accounts. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Maintain hotel relationships with key accounts to increase customer satisfaction and account revenue.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Organize and perform sales blitzes to local area and out of town. Articulate and leverage the benefits of the hotel to close sales opportunities to guests.
- Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
- Represent hotel at trade shows.
- Cold-call prospects, including those generated by external sources of lead.
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Carry out/organize telemarketing sales, mail-outs and local advertising in accordance within the hotel budget.
- Works with corporate operations and regional sales & marketing teams to ensure the appropriate hotel implementation of special promotions and sales initiatives.
- Supports the service personnel in any way possible to enhance guest experience and satisfaction.
- Meet and exceed personal sales room night revenue goals: monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Exceed monthly goals in each of the following categories: site inspections, personal sales calls, entertainment and prospecting.
- Assist in creating Request for Proposal (RFP) responses to potential clients.
- Identify and execute key action steps each quarter that will achieve booking goals.
- Stay familiar with industry trends via appropriate publications/trade memberships.
- Able to think strategically to maximize our group potential over required periods to include use of meeting space for meetings and events. Arrival and departure patterns that fit with the hotel business needs.
- Attend/participate in hotel committees, staff meeting.
- Follow up on Groups to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Report all unsafe, unhealthy conditions within the workplace.
- Duties as assigned by the Management.
Minimum qualification and skills
- A minimum 3-5 years of hotel sales or related industry experience.
- Experience in Hotel industry with knowledge of competitive markets considered definite asset.
- A proven track record in cultivating business relationships and strong prospecting skills.
- Superior negotiating skills, decision making capabilities, resourcefulness to conduct independent research and gather information to fully understand your market.
- Ability to identify markets, develop sales/marketing strategies to penetrate markets in line with company business plan.
- Possesses excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional communication and strong interpersonal skills; innovative, resourceful and results oriented.
- Background in the development & execution of business, marketing and sales plans.
- Proactive sales approach, assertive, fast-paced, and driven to succeed.
- Must be able to travel and may be required to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, team, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel and Power Point is essential.
- High degree of professionalism and dedication.
Internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
In our commitment to provide a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free, accommodation will be provided in accordance with the ontario human rights code. Any special accommodation needs required in order to allow you to participate in the hiring process to your full potential can be arranged in advance by contacting the hiring manager to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No personal enquiries please. No agencies please.