Director of Sales & MarketingArc The Hotel
As a key member of the Hotel leadership team, the Director of Sales & Marketing has influence and accountability for the revenue generation and marketing efforts of the property. Reporting to the General Manager, the DOSM will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of ethical leadership to lead the property to achieve its business goals by driving revenue, maximizing profitability and outstanding quality service for the customers. DOSM will provide effective management to assigned employees to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive employee relations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive business plan that defines hotel sales objectives and supports financial goals. Accountable for aggressively soliciting/pursuing business revenue goals and achieving established personal performance objectives/goals/expectations for self and sales team.
- Proactively position and market the hotel by effective revenue/yield management to achieve maximum hotel profit. Use expertise to advise and implement changes to sales and marketing efforts based on sales and guest comments.
- Responsible for utilizing sales tools/systems to accurately identify, report, forecast and communicate sales data. Ensure integrity of Hotel sales data. Utilize sales tools, and other market intelligence to drive business. Develop rates, group ceilings and deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Accountable for guest satisfaction by developing and maintaining long-term, value-based client relationships. Ensure effective communication of client needs from sales to appropriate operational departments. Resolve complaints and concerns in courteous and friendly manner, focuses on service recovery when applicable. Model appropriate guest service standards.
- Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings. Conduct/attend daily business review meetings, weekly strategic sales meetings, management meetings and other meetings as required/ requested.
- Responsible for ongoing training of all direct reports. Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures implementation to improve results. Ensures all Company, brand, and department specific training requirements are met.
- Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills. Promote collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attend all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, coaching, discipline and development of sales employees. Evaluate performance and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to hold sales employees accountable. Motivate staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing employees.
- Any other tasks pertaining to this position as required or assigned by General Manager.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-5 Years minimum experience as a hotel Sales Manager or Director of Sales
- Preferred experience with major brands/Preferred Hotels
- Knowledge of developing and executing sales and marketing objectives and strategies required; preferred experience with online marketing, advertising, and finance/budget planning and management.
- Strong financial planning, revenue management and organizational skills. Ability to analyze data and establish appropriate action plans.
- Excellent computational and analytical abilities and keen attention to detail
- Candidate must possess the skills and experience to lead a team to consistently deliver exceptional guest service and effectively grow revenues
- Proven ability to assess/evaluate, supervise, motivate, recruit, train and retain the sales team
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of various discipline focused computer programs