Sales ManagerTravelodge Vancouver Airport
Westmont Hospitality Group and the Travelodge Vancouver are seeking a Sales Manager who will be responsible for generating group and corporate business leads for the hotel. The successful candidate will solicit new business and achieve top line revenue goals established for the hotel. Under the direction of the General Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieve revenue targets via proactive research, solicitation and goals collaborating with in- market sales teams and General Manager.
- Implement strategic plans for new and emerging industry/businesses and contribute to the sales and marketing plan for specific market segments.
- Participate in professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote sales and attend industry shows to strengthen relationships and grow business.
- Create and implement measureable quarterly action plans with quarterly quotas.
- Submit weekly sales achievement results and market intelligence report.
- Maintain daily accurate customer relationship management records and traces.
- Use competitive tools to map opportunities and threats and paths to mitigate threats.
- Plan and implement familiarization tours to the hotel in Vancouver.
- Provide guidance, leadership and support to in- market sales team as required.
Minimum qualifications and skills
- Degree in Hotel Management, business or related field preferred.
- Sales training certification an asset.
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- Self - motivated, decisive, accountable and driven to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Able to leverage relationships to book business.
- Effective decision-making, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to maximize time and return in planning sales trips/calls.
- Knowledge of Vancouver and Richmond area an asset.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and professional social media skills.
- Strong work ethic, high energy, polished and professional appearance
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and travel with own vehicle.
- Some travel required.
Internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
In our commitment to provide a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free, accommodation will be provided in accordance with the ontario human rights code. Any special accommodation needs required in order to allow you to participate in the hiring process to your full potential can be arranged in advance by contacting the hiring manager to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No personal enquiries please. No agencies please.